The Psilocybe Cubensis Mazatapec spore where collected bij de Mazatec Indians near Huautle de Jimenez, Mexico. It’s a mushrooms used bij de Mazatec Indians for Shaman ceremonies, generally used to heal pain. The Mazatec Indians using the Psilocybe Cubensis Mazatapec were the ones from Mexico that helped make psilocybe mushrooms know to the world. The original name for this psilocybe mushroom was Mazatec but because of a mushroom hunter spelling it wrong it became Mazatapec. Only noticing this after a year, the online mushroom community already adopted the Mazatec as the Mazatapec.
- Cultivation difficulty: Easy
- Potency: Moderate to potent
- Fruiting time: 14 – 21 days
- Fruiting temperature: 23 – 26 Celsius
Meet the new standard of easy grow kits
The Psilocybe cubensis Mondo® Mazatapec Magic Mushroom grow kit is slightly different than the grow kits you might have used before. This is seen only in the substrate recipe and is a secret not just shared with everyone. Not even with us!
Just like the previous and other easy grow kits, you do not need to use additional spores. During the laboratory process, the spores have developed into mycelium inside the substrate (the cake) in the grow box. The mycelium has fully colonized the substrate and is ready to grow mushrooms.
Years of planning and testing has resulted in the next generation of Mondo® Mazatapec Magic Mushroom grow kits. The Mondo® Grow Kit Mazatapec has become better than it ever was. Compared to the first generation of Psilocybe cubensis Mondo® Mazatapec Grow Kit, the next generation is improved with:
- Larger yields, more mushrooms
- More flushes*
- Better resistance against contaminations
- Different, but easier instructions
*some strains produce more flushes than others. The first three flushes are the largest.
How to store the grow kit correctly
It is recommended to start the cultivation process right away. If you decide to start growing later, you may store the grow kit in the refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 2 weeks. First, wrap the grow kit in a plastic shopping bag and close it well.
- 1x grow box – This contains substrate with active mycelium (the cake)
- 1x grow bag – The bag has a micron filter to keep contaminants out
- 1x paperclip – For closing the grow bag.
- Misting Bottle – Misting is needed for the humidity level
- Potable water – For misting and soaking
- Clean environment – Work clean to give other fungi and bacteria (micro organisms) no chance to contaminate.